I am really looking forward to WrestleMania XXVI for a number of reasons:
1. Although it won't be a wrestling classic, I've been waiting 13 years to see Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon
2. Although I had different ideas about how things should've played out at Elimination Chamber and the Road to WrestleMania, Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels 2 (Streak vs. Career) has been handled brilliantly and I am looking forward to see these two legends dance again on the biggest stage of them all!
3. Both the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Title Matches have had decent build and I am actually looking forward to seeing Cena vs. Batista and Edge vs. Jericho, both purely from a face vs. heel feud perspective
4. As always, am looking forward to Money in the Bank
5. Have loved what they've done with CM Punk/Mysterio
6. Even though one can take a pretty educated guess at a few of the matches, I think we've been left with a pretty realistic and plausible "it could go either way" scenario for majority of the card, which is great mark stuff when you've spent so many years watching WWE as a smark.
Okay, very briefly, on to my predictions/"this should happen because.....":
Edge to win because his return/win at the Rumble and his face turn has been great fun to watch. Surely Jericho was only ever set to be a temporary transition champion to take the belt off 'Taker only to lose it to Edge. To make the fans happy and add a great moment to this feud, I want to see "SPEAR! SPEAR! SPEAR!" and Edge walk out as World Heavyweight Champ.
Batista to win, purely because it will add a lot more heat to the Batista/Cena feud. The sceptical bit of me is almost certain that we'll see the obvious WWE cop-out with Super Cena winning the title to get his just reward from losing the title to Batista the way he did at Elimination Chamber, but we had Super Cena win the Elimination Chamber, to get the title back again this soon is just silly, plus they can really stretch this feud even more and really build to Cena regaining the title, which will be better in my opinion.
Undertaker to win, well, because it's WrestleMania, streak and the Deadman.....need I say more!
Bret Hart to win because sweet justice has been waiting 13 years. I am a little worried that this will be a big "just business" ego rub for the Chairman, if so, Bret must be getting paid a hell of a lot of dollars. For the fans though Vince, and for Bret, and for an awesome WrestleMania moment, please, Bret to win.
CM Punk to win because I think this feud still has a lot more juice in it and I think you get a lot more out of both Mysterio and Punk, especially Punk if Mysterio loses and has to "join" the Straight Edge Society and then fight for his freedom and revenge on Punk. More drama from the big upset here and Mysterio continuing the fight for his pride, freedom and victory.
Triple H to win because although Sheamus has arguably had a bigger push than either John Cena and Randy Orton - just look at what he's achieved in his short time with the company, I really think this one is about the rookie learning a lesson, which is, you can play many successful rounds and win them, but sometimes you're luck doesn't extend to winning "The Game." I would like to see this feud continue after WrestleMania though as I think Triple H can get some good matches out of Sheamus over the coming months.
Money in the Bank - I'd say it can only really be between Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger and Christian. I'm plumping for Christian on a complete whim. My guilty pleasure is that there's part of me that would like to see Dolph Ziggler win it because I actually quite like him, but I don't think he's ready for a MITB win and World Title shot just yet.
Hmm....Orton or DiBiase. By all accounts, DiBiase is set for a big push, but I'm saying Orton because I think this match should be about the breakdown of the relationship between DiBiase and Rhodes, with Orton causing the upset to both and teaching both boys a lesson not to torment The Viper, because he bites, and it hurts!
ShoMiz to win because I think they work well as WWE Tag Team Champs. As much as I like this pairing of Morrison and R-Truth, Morrison really does need to be on his own pursuing bigger and better things. I think there's a lot more to get out of ShoMiz as tag champs so I'd like to see them hold on to the belts.
Ooh, we're just about ready to start.....I'm quite excited!