Luke wrote:Spoilers for the 9/9/11 episode of SmackDown:
The show opened with a Mark Henry promo. Zack Ryder interrupted and informed Henry that both he and Orton would have matches tonight, but Teddy Long instituted a no-contact policy. Henry asked Ryder to return to the ring and asked him who he thought would win at Night of Champions. Ryder said he thought Kelly Kelly had Beth Phoenix's number, sidestepping Henry's question. Henry said there wasn't a no-contact policy on Ryder and delivered a World's Strongest Slam to Ryder.
1. Mark Henry defeated Ezekiel Jackson. Henry won clean after a World's Strongest Splash.
Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes (Champion vs. Champion) was announced for later tonight.
2. Sin Cara (Hunico) beat Tyson Kidd. Post-match, Josh Matthews interviewed Sin Cara, who answered in both English and Spanish. Daniel Bryan came out and challenged him to a match next week. Sin Cara seemingly accepted, kicked Bryan low, and applied the LeBell Lock to Bryan until the ref was able to pull him away.
Randy Orton was interviewed backstage by Matt Striker and called Cody Rhodes "unstable." Pot. Kettle. Black. At least in a kayfabe sense.
3. Kelly Kelly defeated Natalya (w/Beth Phoenix). Kelly reversed the Sharpshooter into a roll-up for the victory. Kelly escaped unscathed as Beth tried to attack her after the match. Kelly retreated just in time.
Christian interrupted Tony Chimel, who was ready to announce the next match. He told the crowd the next match was postponed and that the rest of the matches tonight were postponed because of Teddy Long's refusal to grant him a rematch. Christian asked for one more match vs. Orton. Sheamus interrupted and talked Christian out of the ring.
4. Sheamus defeated Wade Barrett via DQ when Christian interfered. Sheamus won the segment, hitting the Brogue Kick on Barrett with Christian escaping the Celtic Cross and getting up the ramp.
5. Air Boom (Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston) defeated Jinder Mahal and The Great Khali. Kofi pinned Mahal. The Great Khali seemingly turned on Mahal, leaving him behind in the ring as the crowd went crazy.
Mahal then cut an angry promo alone in the ring in Punjab when Triple H's music hit. The crowd went nuts at this point. Mahal was yelling at Triple H in Punjab when Hunter leveled him with a Pedigree. He pulled him back up and said, "I'm sorry. What?" Before Mahal could utter a word, Triple H Pedigree'd him again. This was the segment of the night to this point. The crowd ate it up. It was a nice surprise, even if it was likely done for the live crowd only.
Cody Rhodes cut a pre-match promo dissing Ted DiBiase and telling Orton he'll show him "just how unstable he can be."
6. Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes in a champion vs. champion match. Orton won with an RKO in a good TV match. Post-match, Mark Henry entered the ring for a stare-down. Orton struck first, punching away at Henry until Henry reversed an RKO into a World's Strongest Slam. Henry then sat down on a chair that was positioned on Orton's throat. No-contact policy be damned. I think this is where Smackdown went off the air.
Ed Burns wrote:Sin Cara spoke... Disappointing... It's gonna be the real Sin Cara(Mistico) vs. Fake Sin Cara(Hunico) in the near future...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest